CPI Card Group Explores the Evolution of Payment Technologies at the Smart Card Alliance Payments Summit & ICMA Expo
New EMVCo Participation, Event Presentations and Demonstrations Showcase Company’s Close Alignment to Customer Needs Today and into the Future
Littleton, Colo. (March 31, 2016) – CPI Card Group (Nasdaq: PMTS, TSX: PNT), a global leader in financial and EMV® chip card production and related services, today announced a wide range of activities next week at the first co-located Smart Card Alliance (SCA) Payments Summit and International Card Manufacturing Association (ICMA) 2016 Card Manufacturing & Personalization EXPO, held April 5-7 in Orlando. Through speaking sessions, roundtables and demonstrations in the CPI Card Group booth (#102), event attendees will witness how the company is meeting the varied needs of its customers while mapping a vision that’s clearly in-line with the changing nature of payments.
CPI Card Group also announced today that, as part of final preparations for the event, it has become a technical associate of EMVCo, the technical body which facilitates the worldwide interoperability and acceptance of secure payment transactions by managing and evolving the EMV Specifications. CPI is the only major U.S. card supplier that is currently a participant.
“As an early adopter and provider of EMV and mobile payment technologies for North America, CPI Card Group continues to support our customers as a leading provider of integrated credit, debit and prepaid card solutions,” said Steve Montross, president and CEO of CPI Card Group. “We are a gold sponsor of next week’s events and a new technical associate of EMVCo because these organizations have demonstrated positive changes within the payments industry. By collaborating with them, we can best contribute to those changes while providing proven solutions to our customers.”
Montross will join a group of industry experts for a roundtable panel titled “Payment Expert’s View on the Payments Evolution” during next week’s joint conference on Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 11:55 a.m. Eastern Time. Additionally, CPI Card Group will demonstrate its vision and industry leadership during a variety of presentations and roundtables, including:
- Successfully Transitioning to Dual Interface Payment Cards – Presented by Anna Rossetti, president of CPI Card Group – Canada
ICMA Manufacturing Track, April 6, 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- The Technology Forest – Issuers, Stake Holders and Manufacturers, Oh my! – Presented by Barry Mosteller, director of engineering and quality, CPI Card Group and Dave Tushie, owner, Magellan Consulting
ICMA Session, April 5, 9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
- Who Wins the Mobile Wallet Wars? – Panelist Tony Sabetti, NFC & mobile product manager, CPI Card Group
Mobile Payment Track, April 6, 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.
- Potential Alternative Security Solutions to EMV: Benefits and Obstacles to Implementation – Presented by Diana Walter, process project engineer, CPI Card Group
ICMA Manufacturing Track, April 6, 8:45 to 10:15 a.m.
- Future Technology Standards Evolution – Moderator Mike Fisher, director, financial card sales, major accounts, CPI Card Group
Future of Payments Track, April 7, 9:00 to 10:15 a.m.
CPI Card Group will showcase its industry leading portfolio of EMV and dual-interface solutions designed to provide flexibility and choice for small, mid-sized and large financial card issuers. Visitors to the CPI Card Group booth will learn:
- CPI offers complete end-to-end tailored payment solutions, including card production, personalization, daily bulk fulfillment, mailing, instant issuance and digital issuance.
- CPI’s Card@Once® is an innovative, secure, cost-effective approach to instant in-branch card issuance.
- cpi Mobile™ securely turns any issuer or retail mobile app into a mobile wallet. Issuers can quickly add a mobile payment feature to their app and keep their brand messaging in front of their customers.
- Chip Complete™ is a turnkey solution for small and mid-sized financial institutions migrating to EMV chip cards.
About CPI Card Group
CPI Card Group is a leading provider in payment card production and related services, offering a single source for financial and prepaid debit cards including EMV chip, personalization, instant issuance, fulfillment and mobile payment services. With more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and as a trusted partner to financial institutions, CPI’s solid reputation of product consistency, quality and outstanding customer service supports our position as a leader in the market. Serving our customers from nine locations throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, we have the largest network of high security facilities in North America, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Interac in Canada. Learn more at www.cpicardgroup.com.